This covers the re-planned project which replaced DTI011 and SAS002, following a re-scoping of those projects’ funding, scope, timescales and milestones.
Project High-Level Objectives
- To deliver an enhanced technical framework (uPortal5 back-end/React front-end), which improves service delivery and user experience.
- To deliver an improved user experience in MyEd, centred around student needs.
Proposed Key Deliverables
- uPortal5 Instance – Develop and configure a uPortal 5 instance to provide a basis for the enhanced framework
- User Access Preview – Selected user group access to new instance with demonstration/testing content, based on initial UI redesign. Increment content and layout deployments until wider Preview opt-in access for students, then all users. Analytics to be available to project team;
- Content Migration – Audit of existing content within MyEd, create migration plan, and then migrate content over to the new instance, re-factoring as required for new instance;
- Enhanced user interface – Iteratively improve UI design, using user feedback. Enhancements in current MyEd will inform this work, as well as provide short-term user benefits. For example, redesign would pull related content (such as course information) from current multiple portlets based on system access, to single portlets based on user tasks. Roadmap of future work (e.g. improvements to framework, further content for students and other users, support features).
Current project status
|Report Date||RAG||Budget||Effort Completed||Effort to complete|
|October 2019||GREEN||0.0 days||0.0 days||0.0|