Priority and Funding
The project is priority 2 and is Sponsor funded.
Impact and Dependencies
Project success is dependent upon a number of factors:-
- On time delivery of working software and customisation documentation from Mass.
- Mass to be on site to ensure a smooth upgrade to DEV, TEST and LIVE.
- Applications Management to make sure that the upgrade on DEV, TEST and LIVE has been performed successfully.
- Availability of IS resources particularly Development Technology.
- Business analyst to assist with UAT test planning and to support Helpdesk training.
- Estates to complete UAT.
- Estates to complete user training.
- Assurance from central finance of user testing.
- LIVE will require approx half a day of downtime to perform the upgrade.
- Involvement of end users.
Key risks are summarised below:-
- Booked IS resources may be lost if priority 1 projects make competing demands. (This has already happened).
- Scope, approach, costs and timing have not been confirmed with Mass.
- It is currently not known what changes are planned to Archibus modules Helpdesk, Space Planning, Compliance Management, Property and Lease and existing business functionality may not be maintained.
- Uncontrolled changes to agreed scope could adversely impact project delivery.
- Excessive customisations may lead to more defects being encountered and this risks not completing UAT within the allotted time.
- v23.1 may adversely impact system performance.
- Estates may not have the resources or skill set to robustly plan UAT.
- Training requirements for end users are not yet known and Estates may not have the resources to perform this task.
- Development Technology may fail to keep DEV, TEST and LIVE environments aligned.
- A quotation from Mass, linked to deliverables and success criteria is required to prevent costs escalating.
- Year end activities may impact resource availability including IS, Finance and Estates testing.