- Refresh DEV and TEST with data from LIVE.
- Update TAD, request new VMs for application server
- Server 'Tidy up' including new VM WebCentral server build will be performed by Development Technology. In order to define the revised structure, a system audit producing recommendations will be required from Mass. This work will need to be supported by Applications Management.
- Tomcat upgrade will be performed by Development Technology.
- Oracle Database upgrade will be performed by Development Technology.
- Change Control and Automated Deployment. Requirements will be defined, and changes implemented by Development Services supported by Development Technology and Applications Management.
- Archibus 23.1 Upgrade is to be performed by Development Technology supported by Mass being on site.
To optimise costs and reduce timing it is anticipated that Mass will upgrade TEST during the same week as DEV is upgraded (after basic sanity checks have been completed).
- An implementation project plan is required from Mass showing the timescales they can support for this upgrade.
- A business analyst will be required to map as-is and to-be helpdesk business processes and to document the potential business impact and support Helpdesk training.
- All Helpdesk documents will have to be updated including: ‘Cheat sheets’ for Customer, Managing a Work Request, Filtering; FAQs; User Guides for Helpdesk, Supervisor & ATL, Mobile Completing User Guide and other supporting documents.
- Subject Matter Experts will be required from Estates to oversee the upgrade of Compliance Maintenance, Space Planning and Property and Lease as testing will be required.
- UAT will be defined, resourced and lead by Estates and Buildings Estates Department. Resource is also anticipated to be required to support Estates with UAT test planning.
- Integration testing e.g. for Finance and HR will be required.
- Deployment checklists prepared by Applications Management and Dev Tech.
- Communications will be led by Estates.
- Upgrade LIVE, Dev Tech.
Resources, Skills and Costs
A clearly defined budget against tasks is required from Mass so that the budget for this project can be fixed. The quotation form Mass should clearly link payment to deliverable and success criteria (working, documented software without bugs) confirmed. The following costs may be incurred by Mass and confirmation against each item is required:-
- Audit Archibus Application Server and make recommendations for ‘Server Tidy Up’.
- Archibus v23.1 upgrade comes as part of our support contract with Mass. However, an estimate of travel and accommodation expenses from them will be required.
- A license key will be required from Mass to enable the Archibus 23.1 Asset Management Module and costs for this are required.
- Aside from enabling the asset management module it is anticipated there will be no new licensing costs from this project, this requires confirmation.
- A clear statement of costs for all JIRAs and Issues planned to be introduced by this project is required from Mass.
Any unresolved project issues will be escalated to the EST098 Project Board whose members are:-
- Project Sponsor Grant Ferguson
- Senior User Colin Pritchard
- Senior Supplier Derrick Matheson
- Estates Change Manager Zoe Stephens
- Supplier representative Paul Munro
- Asset Management Project Sheila Scott
- Finance Karen Adamson
- Project Manager Chris Orrell
|Name||Business Area||Role||Communication Plan|
|Chris Orrell||IS Applications Project Services||Project Manager (Project Team Member)|
|Colin Pritchard||Estates and Buidings Estates Department||Senior User (Project Team Member)|
|Derrick Matheson||IS Applications Project Services||Senior Supplier (Programme Manager)|
|Emma Rayner||Msss||Mass Project Manager (Project Team Member)|
|Grant Ferguson||Assistant Director||Project Sponsor|
|Hannah Johnstone||IS Development Technology||Development Technology Lead (Project Team Member)|
|Jane Brodie||Estates System Support Manager||Systems Overview (Project Team Member)|
|John Watt||Estates Compliance Maintenance||Estates Compliance Maintenance (Project Team Member)|
|Karen Adamson||Estates Finance||Finance|
|Keith Thompson||Estates and Buidings Estates Department||Estates Computer Representative|
|Liz Torrance||Estates Property and Lease||Estates Property and Lease (Project Team Member)|
|Paul Munro||Mass||Supplier Representative|
|Pauline Smith||Estates System Support Manager||Systems Overview (Project Team Member)|
|Richard Mann||Estates Space Planning||Estates Space Planning (Project Team Member)|
|Ron Macleod||IS Applications Management||Applications Management Lead (Project Team Member)|
|Sheila Scott||Estates and Buidings Estates Department||Asset Management Project|
|Stuart Kennedy||Estates and Buidings Estates Department||Mobile Data Asset Management (data quality)|
|Thalia Nikolaidou||IS Development Services||Source Code Change Control|
|Zoe Stephens||Estates and Buidings Estates Department||Estates Change Manager|
A project budget of 197 days is proposed (approximately 35 days in year 16/17 and the remaining in 17/18) and details can be found within EST098 Archibus (WebCentral) 23.1 Upgrade Project Estimations 19-07-17
Estimations will also be requested from the Helpdesk, Space Planning, Property and Lease, and Compliance Maintenance as part of project planning and are not required for WIS submission.