This stream of MLE004 will cover the following areas.
- Installation and hardware configuration of all rooms earmarked for the central lecture recording service. This will include any modification or upgrading of current lecture recording hardware to optimise recording conditions in each room.
- To prioritise the installation schedule into targeted phases of work.
- Disaster recovery.
- All the network, signage and hardware installations in each room.
Not in scope
- College specialist space is not included in the project room rollout plan. Any installations for college specialist spaces would be funded by colleges and would need to be resourced through service or an expansion of the project scope/budget.
- The primary focus of Rooms for Phase 2 is to expand the capacity of lecture recording to facilitate the larger numbers of recordings we anticipate.
- To work with the Steering Group to build consensus on specialist space and maintain an appropriate priority on rooms installations.
- To commission the rooms as they are completed and to do that in conjunction with the lecture recording communications strategy.
- To build a vision for the final phase of the implementation.
- Installation of lecture recording hardware and signage in rooms.
- Prioritised implementation that is broken into phases of work.
- A quality assurance process for lecture recording rooms as they come into service and beyond.
- Network switches and support phones in each room.
|Initial Rooms List||Euan Murray/Euan Thomson|
|Purchase List set and initial orders placed.||Euan Murray|
|Analysis and prioritisation into phases.||Euan Thomson|
|Network Switch Configuration||Network Team|
|Rooms Installations||LST Contractors|
|Room Sign Off||LST|
|Closure||Implementation Steering Group|